There was a recipe on the back of my Arrowhead Mills Organic Whole Millet bag. I figured ‘Why Not?!’ and cooked the recipe.
Ingredients for mullet pudding. Yeah that is coconut flakes… I won’t be eating this unless flakes are cooked to destruction
It was pretty easy to make and smelled wonderful. I wasn’t in love with the taste but my
guinea pig volunteer gobbled it up
If you want to try the recipe for yourself, here it is below:
Coconut Millet Pudding
- 3/4 cup Whole Millet
- 3 cups milk or milk substitute
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipping cream and fruit jam or preserves to taste
- In large saucepan heat milk slowly until scalded.
- Add millet, honey, coconut, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Pour into oiled oven casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until millet is tender.
- Serve hot or chilled with whipping cream and preserves.